Master Gohring has recorded an introduction to Chen style Tai Chi in several parts.
- Lesson 1: Preparing Form, first part of Buddha Stamp
- Lesson 2: Next part of Buddha Stamp
- Lesson 3: Rest of Buddha Stamp
- Lesson 4: Demo of opening and Buddha Stamp
- Lesson 5: First part of Lan Zha Yi
- Lesson 6: Lan Zha Yi
- Lesson 7: Review and Liu Feng Si Bi
In addition, he’s made video demonstrations of a number of movements and sections within the Chen 38.
- Single Whip
- Whirling Wind Arms
- Fist Under Elbow, Whirling Wind Arms, White Crane Spreads Wings
- White Crane #2 through Single Whip
- Flash the Back
- High Pat on Horse
- Ending from the last Single Whip
One last video: Mr. Figg leads the Chen 38 up through Fist Under Elbow.
When I Google the Chen 38, what comes up most often (apart from our own videos above) is the (or a) competition set. Here is a video of the competition set that Master Gohring teaches: American Chen Tai Chi Competition Form. Our Yang competition set is just a subset of the regular Yang moves, but the Chen competition set is quite different from the 38…and looks formidably difficult to me!